Catholic services providing support to parents carrying to term following a prenatal diagnosis utilize the perinatal hospice model of support while following the ethical teachings of the Catholic Church with regard to the dignity of human life, disability advocacy, and end of life issues. In the United States, there are two non-diocesan sponsored services Be Not Afraid (which serves the Diocese of Charlotte) and Isaiah's Promise (which serves the Archdiocese of Washington.)
- For information regarding Be Not Afraid and BNA materials and training OR to refer a parent in the Diocese of Charlotte, please contact Judy. To make a donation to BNA.
In addition, the following dioceses offer services to support parents carrying to term following a prenatal diagnosis.
- Diocese of Raleigh, "Angels Among Us" Contact: Anne Walther, 919.349.3275
- Diocese of Providence, "My Child, My Gift" Contact: Carol Owens, 401-278-4508
- Archdiocese of Omaha, "Journey to Love" Contact: Elizabeth Murphy, 402-551-9003 x1306
- Diocese of Allentown, "You Are Not Alone" Contact: Sr. Janice Marie Johnson, RSM, 610-289-8900 x 245 OR Teri Dakuginow, 610-435-1541 x 334
- Archdiocese of New York, "Diana's Hope" Contact: Dr. Anne Nolte (National Gianna Center for Women's Health and Fertility), (212) 481-1219
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia, "Lily's Gift" Contact: Sr. Kathleen Schipani, 215-587-3530 OR Kathleen Bevenour, 215-945-2550 OR email OR visit www.lilysgift.org
Lastly, the following dioceses are developing services to support parents carrying to term following a prenatal diagnosis.
- Diocese of Charleston, Contact: Kathy Schmugge, 803.547.5063
- Diocese of Harrisburg, Contact: Ginny Duncan, 717-657-4804 X322
For a list of services nationally that provide non-faith based perinatal hospice support, visit www.perinatalhospice.net.